Saturday 2 June 2012

The difference between towns and cities...

I live in a town, but I've always preferred being in cities. I think it's because cities are just so much more exciting.The atmosphere, the energy and the people, make being in cities so much more interesting than being in a town- especially one as small as mine. And I do get that the advantage of living in a town like mine is the sense of community and the peacefulness of the place- no crime, no vandalism, no riots. Unfortunately, to me that just sounds dull. I like adventure and action, and as weird as it sounds, I would rather be in the middle of the hysteria, than living in a town where absolutely nothing happens. 
My hometown!
          However, there is one more reason that I prefer cities to towns and this is possibly the most important reason... it's the fashion...
London!
          In cities, it is very easy to find fashionable people. On every street, there is at least one person with amazing fashion sense. On the other hand, I can wander round the streets of my town as much as I want, and I'll be lucky to find someone not wearing a hoody and jeans. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with wearing comfortable clothes. However, I like to admire people's clothes and their fashion sense and that just doesn't happen in my town. I mean, would it be so hard to put a little effort into choosing the clothes you're going to where that day? I mean, it isn't impossible to be wearing nice clothes and be comfortable. Also, I think the worst part is that most of those people actually think that they are dressed well.
         The point I am really trying to make, is that it shouldn't matter whether you live in a big city where it matters what you look like, or in a small town, where everyone is dressed just as badly as each other so it doesn't matter what you wear, people should still make an effort to dress nicely, because at the end of the day, it gives you a lot more self-confidence and it can make you feel good about yourself. Just because you can dress like a slob, doesn't mean that you should! And I am not trying to say that the clothes that you wear is all that matters, I'm trying to say that making an effort and not being lazy matters.
          Anyhow, this is starting to sound more and more like a rant and I need to get back to revising, so I'm going to go now. Talk to you all again soon!


                                                                         xxKajsaxx



No comments:

Post a Comment